Details of the changes in patch 11.13 Teamfight Tactics.
Happy Second Anniversary!
It’s TFT’s second anniversary, and we’re celebrating with a free Little Legend just for you—and everyone else! But, there’s more than just an anniversary to celebrate. In this patch we have feel-good adjustments to the Armory, as well as some mini-reworks for Kayle, Nidalee, and Trundle. Those changes, and other large scale changes are reflected in the Highlight Image below. There’s also a number of minor balance tweaks to keep things running smoothly, found in a new section titled “Small Changes,” cause they’re small and they’re changes.
TFT turns two!
We added stronger Armory options last patch, and we’re pretty happy with how they turned out. But sometimes the options feel like they’re on totally different power levels, so we’re reforging the options to make them all feel good.
- Magnetic Remover and Reforger can no longer appear in the Armory
- Two Full Items + Two Special Item Armory replaced with Four Full Items Armory
- Two Components + Two Special Item (Neeko’s Help, Loaded Dice, Spatula, Shadow Spatula) Armory replaced with Two Components + Two Full Item Armory
- Chances of a 4-2 Armory have been increased
- 4-2 Chances of seeing a Special Item (Neeko’s Help, Loaded Dice, Spatula, Shadow Spatula) are dramatically reduced
- 4-2 Chances of seeing an Emblem are slightly lower
- 4-2 Chances of seeing Components and Full Items are slightly higher.
- Chances of a 5-2 Armory have been decreased
- 5-2 Chances of seeing a Special Item are drastically reduced
- 5-2 Chances of seeing an Emblem or Component are slightly lower.
- 5-2 Chances of seeing a Full Item are slightly higher.
- 6-2 and 7-2 Chances of seeing a Special Item (Neeko’s Help, Loaded Dice, Spatula, Shadow Spatula) or Emblem are lower.
Expect these changes to significantly impact the current play.
Skirmisher 6 and 9 still haven’t found their footing after their fall from power in patch 11.11. This should make the big melee vertical feel more like a BIG melee vertical.
- Skirmisher Shield: 25/40/60%⇒25/45/75% Max Health
Champions: Tier 1
Being a Can-Tank-erous Cavalier, Kled’s role in Hellion comps has been limited to filling out traits and tanking a couple spells regardless of his star level. We’re giving him and his knightly pal some extra oomph to allow reroll Hellion to Poppy-off, while limiting the buff that power leveling comps get for just running one/two star Hellions in the early game.
- Kled now gains bonus damage every 4th attack even while mounted.
- Kled Attack Speed: 0.7⇒0.75
- Poppy Max Mana Buff: 40/80⇒30/70
- Poppy Buckler Toss Damage: 150/250/350⇒150/250/400
- Poppy Buckler Toss Shield: 250/350/450⇒250/375/525
Champions: Tier 2
Trundle is designed to be a gigantic hulking carry, but his relationship with one-shotting tanks had to go. In Patch 11.11, we changed the way Trundle scales with Ability Power, as a fix to AP Trundle deleting enemy champions regardless of their stats. But, we didn’t like this change in the long run as it’s using a balance lever that lacks clarity. Now, we’re reworking his spell so he’ll still drain a flat percentage of stats (unmodified by AP) from enemies but he’ll then amplify the stats he takes with any AP (scaling normally) that he has.
- Kennen Starting Mana Buff: 50/125⇒60/125
- Kennen Flame Rush Damage: 150/200/250⇒150/225/350
- Trundle Subjugate REWORKED: Trundle drains his target’s strength, reducing their Health, Armor, Magic Resist, and Attack Damage by 35% and granting himself 100/130/200% (modified by AP) of the drained stats for 8 seconds.
- Trundle Mana Adjusted: 0/60⇒30/80
Champions: Tier 3
Nidalee has had pawblems with her identity as a Dodge and Crit jumpy cat. Her new role, as Attack Speed jumpy cat should allow her to perform as an attack speed carry in her comps, using items like Rageblade and Statikk Shiv. Yasuo’s been hurting like a fourth-degree burn, which is one degree higher than any 3-cost is allowed.
- Ashe Enchanted Arrow Damage: 300/400/600⇒300/450/750
- Nidalee Aspect of the Cougar REWORKED: Nidalee transforms into a cougar and leaps behind the lowest Health enemy. While in cougar form, Nidalee gains 45% Dodge Chance, 40/50/75% Attack Speed, and her attacks become melee attacks that deal 200/300/600 bonus magic damage every 4th attack.
- Nidalee Attack Damage: 65 ⇒ 50
- Yasuo Burning Blade Damage: 300/400/750 ⇒ 250/350/700
- Yasuo Burning Blade Stacking On Hit Damage: 30/40/75⇒25/35/70
Champions: Tier 4
It’s a Rune Prison-break. Ryze with a Very Dark Blue Buff spelled out a Very Dark fate for his opponents with a chain stun that was the bane of fun. We’re keeping his single target lock-down intact, but he’ll need more evidence before imprisoning secondary targets.
- Ryze Attack Speed: 0.75⇒0.8
- Ryze’s empowered Rune Prison now stuns secondary targets for half the stun duration (.75/1/2). The main target is still stunned for the full duration (1.5/2/4).
Champions: Tier 5
The goal with our Kayle mini-rework is to create a smoother power progression for TFT’s most powerful late game carry. Expect Kayle to do a bit more early, but deal less AOE damage and have more windows of vulnerability in her final form.
- Kayle Health: 500⇒650
- Kayle Attack Damage: 60⇒75
- Kayle Attack Speed: 1.0⇒1.1
- Kayle Number of Attacks per Immunity: 10⇒15
- Kayle Ascension 4 AOE Spell Damage: 200/300/10000⇒80/125/4000
Using Sacrificial Infinity Edge will no longer cost Pantheon and Vel’koz everything. Brandbulance can now heal Eclipse Cape users after the first 8 seconds of combat.
- Sacrificial Infinity Edge REWORKED: Now deals damage on attack and ability cast rather than on every instance of critical damage.
- Sacrificial Infinity Edge NEW TOOLTIP: Grants 75% Critical Strike Chance (including components). Each point of Critical Strike Chance above 100% becomes +1% Critical Strike Damage. The holder also gains 30% Critical Strike Damage. Each time the holder attacks or casts their Ability, they take true damage equal to 3% of their max Health.
- Ionic Spark Damage: 200%⇒250% of Caster Mana
- Eclipse Cape Self Burn: Entirety of Combat⇒first 8 seconds of combat
Forgotten mustn’t forget to build shadow items, if they want to stay ‘S’ tier. S stands for spooky btw.
- Abomination Monstrosity Attack Damage: 100/150/200 ⇒ 100/140/180
- Abomination Monstrosity Attack Damage Per Star Level: 10/15/20 ⇒ 10/14/18
- Dragonslayer Self Bonus Ability Power: 30/80/140 ⇒ 30/70/140
- Forgotten Base Attack Damage & Ability Power: 30/70/140 ⇒ 25/60/125
- Forgotten Bonus Per Shadow Item: 10%⇒15%
- Ironclad Armor: 40/90/180⇒35/85/170
- Knight Block Amount: 15/40/80⇒20/40/70
- Legionnaire Attack Speed: 25/60/110/180⇒25/60/110/195
- Ranger Bonus Attack Speed 70/180⇒75/180%
- Redeemed AP/Armor/MR: 30/60/90⇒30/60/100
- Renewer HP & Mana Regen: 3/6/10%⇒3/6/9%
Champions: Tier 1
Is that Spell product placement for a TV show airing on Netflix in the distant future?
- Ziggs Health 500⇒450
- Ziggs Arcane Bomb Damage: 250/350/450⇒250/375/525
Champions: Tier 2
- Soraka Mana Reave Increase: 35/35/50% ⇒ 35/35/35%
- Varus Holy Arrows Attack Damage Ratio: 150/160/180% ⇒ 150/155/165%
Champions: Tier 3
Sometimes Grasping Roots wouldn’t branch out to enemies in its path. By slightly increasing the hitbox, Zyra’s spell should stun those in its path without a sprout.
- Katarina Sinister Blade Primary Damage: 200/250/420⇒180/250/420
- Katarina Sinister Blade Secondary Damage: 100/125/210⇒90/125/210
- Lee Sin Cripple Damage: 250/350/750⇒250/350/700
- Lux Prismatic Illumination Shield: 150/225/400⇒125/200/400
- Zyra Grasping Roots hitbox has been increased slightly
Champions: Tier 4
- Aphelios Dark Vigil Base Damage: 100/150/300⇒125/150/300
- Jax Attack Speed: 0.85⇒0.9
- Karma Soulflare Damage: 240/300/700⇒225/280/700
- Rell Attract and Repel Shield Amount: 350/500/3000⇒300/450/3000
- Taric Starting Mana Buff: 100/200⇒120/200
Champions: Tier 5
- Teemo’s Cruelty Infernal Soul Damage: 140/175/666⇒130/160/666
- Volibear Starting Mana Buff: 100/200⇒110/200
- Archdemon’s Staff of Immortality Mana Ratio: 400%⇒350%
- Giant Slayer Maximum Health Threshold: 1750⇒1650
- Giant Slayer Bonus Damage: 80%⇒75%
- Redemption AOE Damage Reduction: 30%⇒25%
- Locket of the Silver Lunari Armor & MR: 70⇒60
- Fixed a bug where getting 8 Assassins would turn off the Assassin bonus (Thanks PieHat!)
- Wolf, Daisy, Heimerdinger’s Turret, and Zz’Rot’s Voidspawn now correctly have 130% base Critical Strike Damage (Thanks Deisik!)
- Reforger will no longer reforge Shadow Components into the same Component
- Eclipse Cape now properly applies its self burn if equipped mid-combat
- Revive effects (e.g., Guardian Angel, Revenant) will no longer trigger if its holder is affected by Kindred’s ability
- Teemo will now display correctly in the Shop as costing Health when rolled from a Loaded Dice