You can find infected block changes and more in an upcoming snapshot.
In recent snapshots, the game has definitely fewer news and fixes, and Mojang focuses more on eliminating bugs. This is because the Minecraft developers have decided to divide the 1.17 update into two parts (Minecraft creators decided to divide the update of the mountains and caves into two smaller ones. What will be in the game in 1.17?), And the first of them is to be handed over to players soon.
Developers also shared with the community another package that allows you to preview the changes in world generation in update 1.18.
What does the 21w18a snapshot change?
- Infected blocks
- Infested Blocks are no longer instantly destroyed. Instead, they have half the destroy time of their non-infested counterpart.
- The texture of the light blocks displayed in the inventory and being hold has been changed.
- Screaming goats will use their ram attack more often than other goats will
Changes have been made to the official Caves & Cliffs update datapacks, giving early access to world generation for Minecraft 1.18.
- Ore distribution
- Reduced copper spawning a bit, to compensate for large ore veins.
- Large ore veins are slightly more rare and slightly smaller on average. They now vary significantly, meaning players can still find huge ore veins like the ones in previous versions.
- Increased chance of finding raw ore blocks in ore veins.
- Removed deepslate blobs above y=0.
- Extended the vertical range of the smaller blobs of iron ore, to make it possible to find iron in caves near the surface.
- Slightly reduced the amount of normal-sized iron blobs, to compensate for large ore veins and the increased range of smaller blobs.