The newest snapshot brings back the old world generation system and makes more adjustments.
Snapshots add new content to Minecraft on a regular basis. The previous test version introduced a completely new way of obtaining ores by adding raw materials to the game (The 21w14a Snapshot added a new way to mine ore in Minecraft. How exactly does this system work?).
This week, players can take a look at the next changes to the ore system, world generation, and meet a new mob – the goat.
What’s new in the 21w15a snapshot?
- Blocks of raw metal
- Piglins don’t pick up blocks of raw gold and don’t get angry when a nearby player mines them.
- Can be obtained through crafting.
- Can be crafted into their respective raw metal.
- Can’t be smelted.
- Gold Ore, Lapis Lazuli Ore, Deepslate Copper Ore, Deepslate Lapis Lazuli Ore
- Slightly tweaked the textures of these blocks.
- Goats now avoid walking on powder snow.
- Goats can now ram other mobs and armor stands to knock them a few blocks.
Creepers no longer explode when attacked by a goat.
- Raw metal
- Tweaked the textures of raw ore items.
- World height
- World height increase has been reverted and is now once again 256 blocks (from Y=0 to Y=255).
- Worlds created in snapshot 21w05b or any earlier version can now once again be opened.
- Worlds created in any version between snapshot 21w06a and 21w14a can no longer be opened.
- This can be bypassed by setting the data version in level.dat to anywhere from 2692 and below, to 2709 or higher. However, this may cause issues.
- Noise caves and aquifers have been switched off.
- Cave and ravine carvers have been returned to their old settings.
- Crack carvers have been switched off.
- Ore distribution
- Ore distribution has been reverted to the pre-1.17 distribution.
- Copper now generates between the bottom of the world and Y=192, being most common around Y=96.
- Now generates in blobs from Y=0 to Y=16.
- Bone meal
- Added sounds for using bone meal.
- Title Screen
- The main menu background is now in an amethyst geode.
- Creative inventory
- Reordered some blocks in the Building Blocks tab in the creative menu.