Niantic wants to encourage its community to care for the environment together.
The developers announced a new event that will soon start in Pokemon GO. This time the leitmotif is ecology and shared care for the planet.
In addition to the numerous attractions that will appear in the game, Niantic also encourages you to take part in the campaign. It will not only promote good environmental habits but also provide interesting bonuses in Pokemon GO.
Sustainability Week in Pokemon GO
The event will start on Tuesday, April 20, and will run until Sunday, April 25, 2021.
On this occasion, the following is planned:
- Binacle, the Two-Handed Pokémon, will be making its Pokémon GO debut!
- Pokémon like Grimer, Drilbur, Trubbish, Ferroseed, and more will be appearing more often in the wild. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Trubbish!
- The following Pokémon will be hatching from 5 km Eggs: Diglett, Tangela, Goldeen, Budew, Cherubi, Finneon, and Drilbur.
- Vileplume, Alolan Exeggutor, Trubbish, Binacle, and more will be appearing in raids.
- Complete event-exclusive Field Research to earn encounters with Cottonee, Chespin, Binacle, and more.
- There will also be event-exclusive Timed Research for you to enjoy.
- A free Sustainability Week T-shirt avatar item will be available in the shop!
Niantic Sustainability Campaign
The creators announced that in addition to the above-mentioned attractions, players from around the world will be able to join forces and unlock special rewards thanks to their involvement in the Niantic Sustainability campaign. The prizes will be available on Sunday, April 25 from 10:00 to 20:00.
What is the said campaign? It is about encouraging people to care for the environment together. Niantic wants to show that caring for the planet is important, and it can be done in many ways, including picking up garbage or planting trees.
You can read more about the rules of the campaign here – click.
What are the prizes?
- Tier 1(2,500 activations): Five-star raids will appear more often.
- Tier 2 (5,000 activations): A free bundle containing three Remote Raid Passes will be available in the shop. The rewards from Tier 1 will remain active.
- Tier 3 (10,000 activations): A 2× Catch XP bonus will be live. The rewards from Tiers 1 and 2 will remain active.
As you reach the next tiers, rewards for the previous thresholds will continue to be available.