The big annual event in Pokemon GO will take place this weekend.
The vacation is an incredibly exciting time for the Niantic title community. In July, there is a daily international event – Pokemon GO Fest, which is the biggest event related to this game.
Fans from all over the world celebrate and have fun together by posting coverage of the event on their social media. Those interested in live meetings can order T-shirts or caps with the GO Fest motif or take part in various fan gatherings.
Shortly before the event begins, it is worth recalling the most important information about it.
Pokemon GO Fest 2021
Several articles have appeared about the preparations for this year’s GO Fest, including the announcement of a new Pokemon – Meloetta.
As you know, the big event offers a ticket that can be purchased in-game. After unlocking it, you will get access to additional attractions. However, don’t worry, players who don’t spend money will also have something to do.
Attractions that will be available to all coaches:
- Every Trainer will be able to make up to six Special Trades each day from Friday, July 16, 2021, at 1:00 p.m. to Sunday, July 18, 2021, at 11:00 p.m. PDT (GMT −7).
- Pikachu wearing a special Meloetta-inspired hat will be appearing in the wild during event hours on Saturday and Sunday. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny one!
- During event hours on Saturday, July 17, the following Pokémon will be appearing in raids:
- Galarian Ponyta and Galarian Zigzagoon wearing Meloetta-inspired hats will be appearing in one-star raids, as will Deino. If you’re lucky, you might encounter a Shiny Galarian Ponyta, a Shiny Galarian Zigzagoon, or a Shiny Deino!
- Galarian Weezing, Hitmontop, and Cranidos will be appearing in three-star raids.
- Evolve Kirlia (Ralts’s Evolution) during event hours on Saturday or Sunday to get a Gardevoir that knows Synchronoise.
- Evolve Vibrava (Trapinch’s Evolution) during event hours on Saturday or Sunday to get a Flygon that knows Earth Power.
Attractions that will be available to ticket owners:
- Certain Pokémon appearing during the event will know special attacks! Please note that only ticket holders will encounter these Pokémon.
- Pikachu Pop Star will know Draining Kiss, and Pikachu Rock Star will know Meteor Mash. Pick the one you’d like to encounter as you complete your Special Research!
- Gardevoir will know Synchronoise, and Flygon will know Earth Power—both will potentially be wearing Meloetta-inspired hats! As you complete your Special Research, you’ll be prompted to select which costumed Pokémon you’d like to encounter. This decision will determine if you encounter Gardevoir wearing a Meloetta-inspired hat or Flygon wearing a Meloetta-inspired hat during the event. Both Pokémon will be appearing as Special Research reward encounters, and, if you’re lucky, will also be attracted to Incense. The Pokémon you don’t select will be attracted to Incense during event hours, but it won’t be wearing a hat.
- Make sure to take a snapshot during event hours on Saturday after completing your Special Research! By doing so, you’ll encounter either Pikachu Pop Star or Pikachu Rock Star, depending on your earlier choice.
- Make sure to take a snapshot during event hours on Sunday after completing your Special Research! By doing so, you’ll encounter either Gardevoir or Flygon wearing a Meloetta-inspired hat, depending on your earlier choice.
- Still not sure which Pikachu to pick? In addition to determining what music will accompany your Pokémon GO Fest experience, this choice will also affect which avatar pose you receive!
- Trainers who select Pikachu Pop Star will get an iconic pose.
- Trainers who select Pikachu Rock Star will get a rockin’ pose.
Habitat rotation schedule
Similar to last year’s event, themed habitat hours will rotate globally in the following order: Jungle, Desert Mountain, Ocean Beach, and Cave. This rotation will begin with the Jungle habitat on Saturday, July 17, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. in the earliest participating time zone (UTC + 14) and rotate every hour, on the hour, until the event ends in the latest participating time zone. Note: Trainers will only experience habitats during event hours on Saturday, July 17, 2021, from 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. local time.
- All players: Scyther, Aipom, Froakie and more
- Ticket holders: Unown F, Unown G, Chatot, Leafeon, Ludicolo and Serperior
- All players: Skarmory, Shieldon, Hippopotas and more
- Ticket holders: Flareon, Unown F, Unown G, Tyranitar, Flyon and Throg
- Ocean Beach:
- All players: Dratini, Swablu, Alomomola and more
- Ticket holders: Gyarados, Vaporeon, Azumarill, Unown F, Unown G and Sawk
- All players: Roggenrola, Galarian Stunfisk, Deino and more
- Ticket holders: Umbreon, Unown F, Unown G, Gardevoir, Absol and Galvantula
Each type of environment will appear twice during the Saturday event.
Pokémon GO Fest 2021 Ultra Unlock
Trainers will be able to work together in the Global Challenge Arena! This exclusive feature will be available only to ticket holders. In the Global Challenge Arena, Trainers will have the chance to join forces in order to complete a collaborative challenge each hour. If Trainers complete a challenge, they will earn a bonus for the remainder of the hour. You can check the Global Challenge Arena screen to keep track of global progress!
Complete a certain number of challenges in the Global Challenge Arena to unlock the following bonuses that will occur after Pokémon GO Fest 2021. Complete a total of 24 challenges in order to unlock all three!
Ultra Unlock Part 1: Time
If Trainers complete a total of eight global challenges, they’ll gain access to Ultra Unlock Part 1: Time. The flow of time will be disrupted! Pokémon from various eras will be appearing more often. Part 1: Time will run from Friday, July 23, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, August 3, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space
If Trainers complete a total of 16 global challenges, they’ll gain access to Ultra Unlock Part 2: Space. As Part 1: Time wraps up, we’ll set our eyes to its other dimensional counterpart: space! Space itself will be distorted as Pokémon from various places appear! Part 2: Space will run from Friday, August 6, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, August 17, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.
Ultra Unlock Part 3: ???
If Trainers complete a total of 24 global challenges, they’ll unlock Ultra Unlock Part 3: ???. What will happen once Parts 1 and 2 are over? Will these abnormal events continue to happen? What awaits us during Part 3? Stay tuned, Trainers—we’ll keep you posted on our findings! Part 3: ??? will run from Friday, August 20, 2021, at 10:00 a.m. to Tuesday, August 31, 2021, at 8:00 p.m. local time.